As we know Hypnotherapy is simply the use of hypnosis as a therapeutic technique and that we quieten the conscious mind in order to access the subconscious mind but how much do we know about the subconscious?
The subconscious is extremely powerful but also extremely vulnerable.
Here are some facts:-
1. Your subconscious is always switched on and recording what you are hearing and saying. It is even picking things up you are not consciously aware of. If you fall asleep with the TV on it hears everything that's been said and it is listening.
2. it is a giant tape recorder and it records all of your life memories and experiences. It stores all events as mental movies and images in the mind.
3. It does not hear 'no' or 'not'. For example if you were to say "I'm not going to smoke another cigarette". All it thinks or imagines is a cigarette.
4. It cannot comprehend the future the subconscious only knows now, the present is the only tense that exists that's why if you have goals you should see them already accomplished.
5. Our subconscious controls 95% of our lives. It also forms our habits and we are creatures of habit. Did you know that 95% of the things you said and thought today, you are likely to have also said and thought yesterday. That means that the conscious mind is only in control 5% of the time.
6. The subconscious mind cannot tell the difference between your imagination and an actual event. That is why you get scared with goose bumps while watching a scary movie, you consciously know it's not real but the subconscious mind cannot tell the difference.
7. Repetition creates new beliefs on the subconscious mind. If you say or think anything long enough, then eventually you will start to believe it, even if it's completely false at the time.
8. Your subconscious mind is 30,000 times more powerful than your conscious mind.
So a knowledge of the interaction of your conscious and subconscious minds will enable you to transform your whole life.